Sunday, July 31, 2005

Yesterday

      Thank you for all your birthday wishes! I had a good birthday. Several cards came in the mail, I received several Happy Birthday phone calls, and I also got a rocket.
      That's right. One of my friends (who should know better) gave me a rocket! It is the Estes Snapshot rocket. Very cool. It actually takes a photo during flight. Well, actually as the parachute deploys. The recommended engine will take it to 500 feet, a bit less than my old rocket (the Blackhawk) that regularly reached a 1,000 or so. Or it did until it caught fire on the launching pad. The solid fuel engine blew out the side, and that was that. I'm looking forward to launching the Snapshot soon and seeing what kind of photos it takes.
      Another good friend gave me gift certificates to Golden Corral. Awesome. I love CC's salad and hot vegetable bars. And I got some unexpected money from my relatives, which I used at the bookstore to buy a Calvin and Hobbes collection (I miss those two) and a book by James Rollins.
      Michelle of Soul Patches sent me a lovely ecard, one of the nicest ones I've ever seen. And Trixie and Frenzied Feline made my birthday even more special with their nice posts on their blogs.
      Not birthday related but cool, I received a nice email from Carolyn Hart thanking me for my mini-review of her new mystery novel Death of the Party (See entry for July 27).
      I spent the rest of the day running around and eating out and having cake. So it was a very good day. Thank you one and all.

3 comments:

Erudite Redneck said...

Happy late birthday, dude. :-) Glad you had a happy one!

Anonymous said...

Calvin and Hobbes rule!

Unknown said...

A rocket? That's unusual. I'm going to put that into a novel.