Saturday, July 23, 2005

Blog twin

      51313 Harbor Street has a twin. It's a test blog that duplicates this one. I use it to test various things before adding them to this blog. I find the Blogger preview feature to be of limited use in debugging a template, and I don't want to take the chance of messing the template up and having rebuild it.
      In fact, your template can get messed up simply by a file save error. A smart thing to do is to copy your template into a text file on your computer. Then if anything goes wrong, you just open that text file and copy your template back to Blogger. You can never have two many back-ups.
      It was a busy day today. I did laundry, housework, paid bills, filed, errands, shopping, etc. I'm a bit hampered right now because I got an eye infection and have been forced to wear "bandage" soft contacts. They make my vision somewhat blurry, but they are helping my corneas to heal. So far it seems to be working. When I woke up this morning, my eyes didn't feel like they had sand in them.
      Thursday afternoon, I got a new cell phone. I'm afraid it's not cutting edge tech. I got the cheapest I could get and still be able to upgrade. My old phone was nearly five years old and large, and its battery wouldn't hold a charge anymore. I tried to buy a new battery only to discover that they didn't sell it anymore. In fact, they didn't even want phones as old as mine to give to charity. I liked my old phone, but now I have a new one. It's got lots of features that I won't use. Other than when I'm traveling, I rarely use my cell phone. Last month, out of my 250 anytime minutes, I used 11. I've used more these past few days as I've tested the phone, but I can't see that continuing. I'm just not a cell phone guy. Some people live on them. My boss regularly uses his for over 1,500 minutes a month and often goes over 2,000. Amazing.
      Well, it's late here, and if I want to get this posted before it's tomorrow, I'd better close now. Good night!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I do that too! A Blog twin that is. And the cell phone...ummm...I have one, but I don't use it for service, just emergencies. I keep it in my car for that purpose.

Hope your eye is feeling better...

Trixie said...

Oh I hope your eye is doing better! Eye injuries are so painful.

Guess what -- I don't have a cell phone. I think I am the only person who still doesn't have one (well, I had one some years back but never used it and couldn't justify the cost). Now, however, I've come across a few situations where I should have had one, so I'll be shopping around to find something suitable.

Glad you had a productive day.

Mark said...

I need my cell phone for my job, but if I didn't I probably wouldn't rack up more than 10 minutes a month. And I disconnected my home phone. 2 phones in my house is just unecessary.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the eye situ. And I know what you mean about the cell phone breaking down: we've got to get a new one.

Erudite Redneck said...

Holy Bufgtussle. I was afraid there for a minute you meant there were two of YOU! (Shudder.)

;-)

night-rider said...

Hello. I've been away camping for the weekend and this morning woke up with sand in my eye that's now looking like an eye infection. Can you catch things like this from other people's blogs? :)

Michelle said...

Hope you are doing ok...