Monday, July 04, 2005

Bloggin' aplenty 13

      One of the things that drives me crazy about my family is that they don't communicate important news. I have an perfect example of that: One of the features in our family newsletter is what I call the Roundup. Basically I call all my subscribers and ask what events happened in the previous month. They give me a few sentences about what's been going on in their life.
      Well, I call a family member and discover that one of my uncles HAD OPEN HEART SURGERY TWO WEEKS AGO! He had seven blockages, and they were able to repair four of them. He's holding his own, but definitely needs prayer. (Please add him to your prayer list.)
      Naturally I ask why wasn't I told about it. The only reason given was that I was recovering from my surgery. But my surgery in no way compares to what he's going through. Why wouldn't they at least let me know so that I could be praying for him? Absolutely makes me crazy, ya know.
      More later.

2 comments:

Trixie said...

Tech, I didn't realize until just now that we must be cousins!! Same thing happens in my family. I found out from my uncle when MY OWN MOTHER went to the hospital for a bone marrow biopsy. And I only lived 100 miles from her at that time. She never did tell me herself that she thought she had cancer. What's up with THAT?

Anonymous said...

Hum, I can think of one blogger who said nothing to a good friend for a few weeks. Oh, I could read about it on here...wait, maybe you should check the gazette.
Roen