Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Ramblin'

      Forgot to mention that the patron package was mailed Monday. The theater board met Sunday and worked willingly to get it folded and stuffed in envelopes. That was cool and made me feel better about the future of the board. I hope the patron drive is successful. We'll know over the next few weeks.
      Last night I worked on the poster for the first production. I came up with something that looks good, I think. I'll see what the director thinks of it tomorrow night at rehearsal. The first production is Hello, Dolly! I like doing graphic design work. It's fun to play with the various publishing programs and clipart I've collected over the years.
      I worked a bit tonight on the August Gazette. I'd like to have it ready, except for the Roundup, by the end of the month. It would be nice to meet a few deadlines.
      Our friend Crystal has finally moved back to Oklahoma. She's still not in her new place, but should be over the next few days. I hope she will start a new blog so that she can update all of you who keep asking about her.
      I've been focusing on my Weight Watchers again. It's easier in summer when I have that need for salads and fruits. And I've been slowly trying to increase the number of steps I take daily, careful to not strain my foot. So far, so good.
      My roomie, by the way, ran in a 5K run last Saturday and came in fourth in his age group. That's excellent, particularly when you consider he only started running the week before the race.
      Tomorrow I get paid again! Yay! I already have some checks ready to go to pay some bills. I'll write my account back down to nothing again, but hey, I'm paying them on time and am still on track on my Debt Reduction Plan. That's something.
      I've rambled all over the place tonight. Just my wandering thoughts. We'll finish with a joke:
      Two vacationing businessmen were talking on the beach at Miami. One said, "I'm here on insurance money I collected -- got $50,000 for fire damage."
      "Me, too," the second man said. "But I got $100,000 for flood damage."
      There was a long thoughtful pause, and then the first one asked, "Tell me, how do you start a flood?"
      And now, good night!

3 comments:

Trixie said...

Love the joke!

Congratulations on all that you've gotten done with the theater group and the Gazette.

Funny, I was thinking about Crystal earlier today and was thinking about e-mailing you to ask about her. It would be great to see her back in blogland. Tell her hi!

Erudite Redneck said...

Well, I hope yer OK. I get nervous when you drop out.

Gloria Williams said...

LOL! And that's about the only time I've ever laughed about insurance!