Sunday, July 17, 2005

Doing The List

      Since last we spoke, I've finished four more items on The List. What is this strange fascination I have with lists? Well, it's about the only way I get things done. I have mentioned before that I have the attention span of a mosquito at a nudist colony; it's normal for me to fly around from this project to the next, just doing a bit here and a bit there. Thus nothing gets done or things get done slowly. And the longer a project takes, the more likely it is that it will get buried or I'll lose interest completely.
      Lists keep me on track. I just have to watch what I put on them. Obviously this list was too large for a weekend. Fortunately it's easy to pick out the urgent items -- already done -- and now I can pick and choose among the ones remaining. The ones left will be on tomorrow's list.
      I'll be back.

2 comments:

Jean said...

I love lists. The longer the list, the more likely I'll actually accomplish something on the list. I've learned to make the list, forget about it for a couple days, then go back and check things off. I'm always pleasantly surprised by how much I have accomplished.

You're doing great, TECH. Keep up the good work.

Gloria Williams said...

I love lists, too. What frustrates me is to make one and then get NOTHING done on it!