Monday, July 04, 2005

Bloggin' aplenty 17

      I just finished watching Lemony Snickett's A Series of Unfortunate Events. The kids were good in the movie, but the rest of it left me unmoved. Perhaps the books are better. I particularly disliked Jim Carrey's performance. It was over the top, but that's what he's best at. I just didn't happen to buy him. People compared this movie to the Harry Potter series, but Harry Potter is much better.
      It's been a productive three days. I got a lot done. Not as much as I hoped, but enough to feel good about what I accomplished, and I got in some naps and some recreation. I should be able to finish the Gazette tomorrow night, and that's something I'm particularly proud of.
      This is the last of the Bloggin' aplenty posts. It's been fun, and I hope, not too boring for y'all. I might do this again.
      I hope you had a happy Fourth of July. Good night and Godspeed. This concludes our blogcasting day.

4 comments:

Trixie said...

That was a lot of fun! I enjoyed the "Bloggin' Aplenty" marathon! I hope your week goes well after this fine holiday weekend.

Jaime said...

I liked the books better than the movie. I think the movie gave away too much that you wouldn't know if you had only read the first 3 books (which the movie is supposed to be based on). I'm up to book 8, but I haven't listened/read in a while.

Gloria Williams said...

Wow! I'm gone for a weekend, and I return to much good reading. This was quite interesting. Thanks for "Bloggin' Aplenty"!

Unknown said...

Posted in my blog about your marathon. Congrats!