Friday, July 15, 2005

Sci Fi Friday

      The ninth season of Stargate SG-1 premiered tonight. I'm still not sure if the new team is going to work. The loss of Richard Dean Anderson is going to be hard to recover from. Perhaps it's best to approach it as a new show and not compare with the old team. The Net chatter on it has mostly been good. I hope they find their footing as their season progresses. I've planned my Friday night around the show for a while. It would be a shame to lose that.
      Stargate Alantis was a let-down. I expected more from the buildup of last season. The show had a lot of new elements, and they didn't seem to mesh yet. Once again, I hope they will find their footing as the season progresses.
      I'm not a big fan of Battlestar Galactica. Its dark and twisted storyline has potential, but they just can't resist the soap opera aspects of the story. And frankly the whole Cylon-human baby thing is silly. But I watched the premiere, and it wasn't bad. I'll watch at least the next few episodes to see how it plays out.
      And that's my report on Sci Fi Friday.

2 comments:

Joel said...

I enjoyed the Sci-Friday premier night. I also thought Atlantis was lackluster, but enjoyed BG and Stargate (StarScape?). While it is sad to see RDA go, I can understand his reasons and wish him luck. Browder brings new blood to the show and his chemistry with Claudia Black still crackles. As for BG, I'm still interested in seeing where they are going with the whole story arc, so I will keep watching.

Unknown said...

What happened to Dean?