Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Howdy again

      Hello! Sorry I haven't posted. I've been busy over the past few days. Not too busy to think of you, but frankly I didn't have much to say. It was all errands and filing and all the other details that make up a life. Well, my life.
      I've also been working on a new template for 51313 Harbor Street. I've not made one from scratch before, and the learning curve is steep. Don't expect it any time soon, but maybe someday.
      Since a couple of you have asked, Crystal is now safely back in Oklahoma and has just started her new job. Her son is having a good time connecting with family and friends. No word on or if she will resume blogging, but maybe someday.
      A couple of people asked -- in jest -- why I was friends with Erudite Redneck. Since I've also been asked that not in jest, I thought I would respond. It's basically a pity thing. I just feel sorry for him ... Actually, ER and I come from the same hometown. And while I think he has a better opinion of it than I do, it was a hard place to grow up. Back then, it didn't encourage college or learning or much of anything other than factory work, and if you chose to better yourself, there were plenty of people who would shoot you down. Sometimes literally. It was a dirt-poor place, and both ER and I were dirt-poor.
      But we were also both raised proud and with a determination to do better. ER likes to play up that country side of himself, but don't let him fool you. He has a razor-sharp mind and a string of accomplishments a mile-long. ER is a hometown boy who done good, and I'm proud of that. And since I'm fessing up, he makes me laugh. While I disagree with lots of his stances, I respect the intelligence he brings to them. And we also agree on lots of things. We're friends, and that's that. I hope that answers your questions on why we're friends. Oh, that the fact he's so pitifully homely. That's a large part of it, too ...

8 comments:

Erudite Redneck said...

I'm touched.

Not really. I'm tetched -- and you know the difference. ;-)

Funny about that bein' poor bidness, though. I never knew we was poor, 'cause we grew almost everything we ate, and could kill a calf anytime we needed to. Then, when Daddy sold his land -- we WERE land rich -- there for a while I thought we were rich, but it was just siphoning off all the equity his land had acquired since the Depression.

Good summation of home, though. And I do love it more than yourself -- actually the area, not the town per se. :-)

Erudite Redneck said...

Oh, and yer mama dressed you funny, so, you made me laugh, too.

Erudite Redneck said...

At least they didn't have to tie pork chops around my neck to get the dogs to play with ME. ;-)

SBB said...

Now, ER, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. In this wide world, there are surely people more homely than you. Why, I covered one story in which a person had fallen into a combine, and the result was close to you. Not quite, of course, but close. It follows that somewhere someone has suffered a disfigurement worse than yours. Probably an industrial accident involving acid or a pack of rabid face-attacking weasels, but it's within the realm of possibility so take heart. :)

Anonymous said...

Now, boys, play nice or you'll end up sitting in a corner! :)

Unknown said...

Who's ER?

Michelle said...

LOL...

I have some good links for HTML Tech...if ya want 'em.

SBB said...

No, ER, I think we are different in many ways, but similar in a lot, also. We are both smart alecks, that's for sure! We're also both charming and good with the ladies. Of course, I'm better looking than you, but you've done all right for yourself in your marriage so it evens out.

Michelle, I'd love those links. Send those babies on to me!