Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Nearly midnight

Well, how are you? I often wonder what’s going on in your lives. I catch brief glimpses on Facebook or Twitter, but of course, the information is sketchy and moves on, so I’m sure I miss things. I do think about you, though. I wonder how your jobs are going. I wonder if you’re keeping up with your chores. I wonder who you’re dating or how’s your married life going or are you making it okay as a single. If you got ‘em, how are the kids?

It’s late, of course. Nearly midnight. That seems to be my pattern lately. Twelve o'clock stares me in the face, and I find myself sitting at the computer, wondering about things.

Of course, everyone has blogged, posted, Facebooked, etc., about Osama bin Laden this week. So why should I be any different? I don’t find myself rejoicing in his death, but I do find grim satisfaction in it. He was evil. The world is better and safer with him not in it. Oh, I’m sure he was kind to animals and children; I’ve noticed madmen usually are. And he had people who loved him and grieve for him now; madmen usually do. But he killed a lot of innocent people and wanted to kill more. I’m glad he’s not planning more attacks. I hope his death gives closure to the families of the 911 victims. I pray other madmen don’t use his death as a rallying point. And that will be the only time I mention him here.

So it’s late, and I’m typing again. No timed writing this time. And no music, either. It’s a bit late to listen to music. Usually if I have anything on, it’s one of the Sunrise Earth programs that I have recorded on my DVR. Peaceful and calming. I’ve already watched one, hoping it would help me sleep.

And I am getting sleepy. Think I’ll get in bed and try again. Hope you have a peaceful night and a great tomorrow. Talk to you then.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I miss blogging but I'm good. I'm alive and somewhat or trying to be healthy. Rachel is good, too. :) I think Facebook is a demon sometimes. lol It speaks of connecting but has really disconnected us (in general) from each other by allowing us to communicate through a social medium in quick short spurts versus a page deep thinking or, ya know, a phone call. Why is it so hard for people to make a flipping phone call? Gah! (rant over by restraint)

Osama, meh. I cringed at the rejoicing but am not sad about his death. I am sad for his family and children who cared about him and witnessed his death, however.

SBB said...

Michelle, I miss your blogging, too. And agree with your rant. And glad to hear you and Rachel are doing good. You both are in my daily prayers. I like to remind God to bless my friends!