Thursday, May 05, 2011

Confession

It's time for a confession: I've been watching Glee. I hope you're not too shocked. Well, actually I turn it on and then do things on my computer until someone sings. Then I watch the singing. The Glee plots are so foreign to my life that I can't work up much interest, but the singing is wonderful. They have a talented class with a couple of outstanding singers. The actress who portrays Rachel is spectacular.

I'm surprised the show has done as well as it has as most people don't like musicals. Well, I've noticed a lot of people in my town don't seem to care for musicals. At least that seemed to be so when the local theater group would put one on. We never got the crowds that we expected. Admittedly, it is a local theater group, but there were some talented singers and actors in it.

As for the plots ... sigh ... basically it's about teenage dating and sex. The drama is overblown and tedious. And there is just about no morality. The only two virgins on the show are the aforementioned Rachel and Kurt, the gay teen. Well, I guess they know their audience.

Anyway, I've confessed. I hope you don't think less of me. Talk to you tomorrow.

Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com

No comments: