Friday, May 06, 2011

Disappointed in Lulu.com

I've published three books with Lulu.com and have often recommended it to my poetry and writing classes and to the readers of my blogs. I withdraw the recommendation because Lulu.com has messed up the distribution of Floozy and Other Stories. After all this time -- 10 weeks and counting since its approval for their so-called GlobalReach Distribution -- it's still not available anywhere except on Lulu.com. You can't buy in on Amazon.com or Barnes and Noble or anywhere else.

And their customer service has been abysmal. Never any answers. Just canned responses and a plea for patience. I'm not even sure I've ever actually talked to a real person.

This is so disappointing. And so different from the previous books. I don't know if Lulu is going through growing pains or having personnel or money problems, but they have changed me from a satisfied customer to a non-customer.

This means Murder by the Mile will not be published by Lulu. I'm looking for other publishers now. If you have any recommendations, let me know.

Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes & Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

No comments: