Tuesday, March 15, 2011

New

Today I ate at a Greek restaurant for the first time. The food was good, and the decor and atmosphere pleasing. I enjoyed the experience.

Those who know me will probably gasp in shock. I'm well known for eating at only a handful of restaurants and always eating the same food when I'm there. But over the past couple of weeks, I've been attempting to change a few things in my life by trying new experiences. So far, so good.

I've been attempting to do a new thing every day. Doesn't have to be big. I can read a new book, watch a new TV show, do a new exercise, listen to a new song, etc. Just a new thing a day. So far, I've liked all my new things, but I'm sure I will eventually find some that I don't. That's okay. The purpose is to experience new sensations and events. I don't have to like them. I don't have to do them again. Just once.

I don't want to live my life regretting the things I didn't do.

What about you? Got some experiences you want to do? Go do them! Unless, of course, they're harmful to you or other people. Then don't.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I don't know you as well as I thought I did, because I didn't know you only ate a few restaurants and ate the same thing. I'm glad you're trying something new every day, though, that sounds like a really good idea.

Did you get baklava for dessert at the Greek restaurant? It's exactly what a diabetic shouldn't eat, but my goodness it's good. What did you eat there? (I haven't had breakfast yet and I'm really hungry. Can you tell?)

Gail

SBB said...

I didn't get any desserts at the restaurant. I'm not sure what I ate. I just ordered off the lunch menu. It was a spicy chicken. I think it was called schwanna. Or something like that.

Jean said...

There are several Greek foods I enjoy. Hubby won't touch it, so I have to try it when's not around. An easy one is a Greek Salad, of course.

Baklava is a rich, flaky, tasty dessert. Highly recommend (with appropriate cautions so you keep glucose balanced).

If you're making something at home, I find the fat free feta cheese to be very tasty.

I like the idea of trying one new thing a day. It doesn't have to be anything earth-shattering, but a little gentle experimentation can't hurt.

I've tried that with reading over the years and have been pleased with the results.