Saturday, March 12, 2011

Shaking

A good day. Even productive. My roomie and I went to garage sales. I found a couple of knickknacks. He bought a couple of things, too. Nothing major found, but it was fun to get out of the house. I think I spend too much time here.

In the afternoon, I wrote on the RPG sourcebook and Murder by the Mile. Nothing awesome on either of them, but at least the words didn't feel so wooden. I think the black dog is wandering off finally.

We ate at a local Mexican restaurant for a late lunch. I have a tendency -- okay, a habit -- of always ordering the same thing. Today I choose a new menu item. It was good. Not familiar, but hey, I've never eated bad Mexican food. And it was something new.

I've been trying to shake things up in my life. I've fallen into a rut. I stay in this house in the dark except when I have to make job contacts or have to run errands. That's not good for anyone. I'm attempting to break back out into the world. Reconnect with life. That's the plan, man.

Hope good things are shaking in your world. Talk to you tomorrow.

Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm trying to shake things up, too. Maybe it's how we're dealing with depression? Trying to shake it out of our lives? I've toyed with starting the Couch to 5K program that Erin Hartshorn is doing but haven't quite reconciled myself to running. I promised myself when I left the military that I wouldn't do that again.

SBB said...

I guess I'm trying to make myself a moving target, EJ. Or I'm hoping that new things will distract me.