Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ugh Thursday

Had one of those evenings where everything goes wrong, and when you try to fix things, you only make the situation worse, so finally you just back away and decide the only good move is to not make one. Be quiet, and not move. I remember doing that a lot as a child. I remember doing it more as a teenager until I learned how to cover myself by making everything a joke, a coping technique that I have used my entire life. Sometimes it doesn't work, of course, but most of the time it does. Not tonight, though.

Well, you can only apologize, and after that, it's up to the other person to either accept your apology or not. It's not like we can reverse time and undo the offending actions. I had a friend in college who had an expression for these situations: "They can get glad in the same panties they got mad in." I wonder where Penny is now. Been years since I thought of her.

Right now, I have Sunrise Earth playing on the TV. It's another of the ocean sunrises. I like the sound of the ocean, the crashing of the waves, the low thunder of the tides. It's helps me write when it's on in the background. I have several episodes recorded on the DVR. Someday I'm going to be able to afford the DVDs, but not any time soon, it doesn't look like.

How are you doing? Hey, y'all in Edmond, Oklahoma City, Utah, California, Ada, Muldrow, Sallisaw, Norman, Duncan, Ft. Smith, Van Buren, Ponca City, Glencoe, Lawton, Canada, what's happening in your lives? Comment! Let me know. I miss talking with you.

Well, it's late, and tomorrow is another day. Have a good night and a great tomorrow. Talk to you then.

Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes & Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

No comments: