Friday, April 29, 2011

Busy Friday

A very busy day, although nothing out of the ordinary. Just housework and chores. I had hoped to have some very good news concerning my finances, but it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen now, so it’s not worth discussing.

Been reading Do the Work by Steven Pressfield. An amazing book that has made me uncomfortable as it directly addresses the reasons I don’t write or lose weight as I should. I recommend it, but don’t blame me if you end up throwing it across the room when its words convict you. It’s more than a guilt trip, though. It gives ways to overcome the “Resistance” that is keeping you from living your dream. I liked the book so much that I order The War of Art, his earlier book that DtW is based on. Oh, DtW is available free for the Kindle or the PC Kindle app on Amazon.com right now.

My friend Wendy is also reading DtW, and I’ll be interested to learn how she implements its principles in her life. I’ll try to let you know how it works in mine, too.

Well, it’s late. Going to close now. Hope things are going well for you.

Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes & Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Wendy has been implementing it slowly, mostly by *resisting* the urge to procrastinate. I have found that if I'm doing something unproductive, I'll think to myself, "You're wasting your day!" Then I force myself to go do something on my never-ending list.

SBB said...

It's harder than it reads, I'll say that. I'm cheering for you, Wendy!