Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Five on Wednesday

This is a five-minute timed writing. I used to do these all the time to get the creative juices flowing. I haven’t done one in the past couple of years, though, so I decided it was time to do one again. I’m majorly blocked in my writing, so maybe a few of these fast paced exercises will free me up.

I’ve had a fairly productive day today so far. Housework, filing, working on the cover for Murder by the Mile as well as new covers for Murder by Dewey Decimal and Murder by the Acre. I can’t change the covers for MBDD and MBTA at the retailers (Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc.), but I can make up new covers for my book signings, which is where I make the most money and have sold a fair amount. No pics of the covers yet because I’m just now sketching them, but maybe in a week or so.

The low carb diet is helping my blood sugar. It’s amazing how high a little sweet will push up my test results. I’m hoping as I lose weight and go further, I’ll be able to cheat a bit every now and then. But if not, well, there are plenty of people in this world who only have sweet treats rarely if ever. It’s not that terrible a thing.

For a friend’s birthday, I sent a few cards I had made myself along with a couple of other things that I had personalized. Not as much money to spend as in the past – in fact, the money here is very, very, very tight – but still I thought it was a nice presentation with things to read and do.

One thing I spent a lot of time on was to create a card that listed world events that happened on my friend’s birthday. This turned out to take a lot more time than I expected it to. With the use of Wikipedia, the New York Times, the LA Times, and the London Times, I put one together. I thought it turned out nice, but it was a lot of work. I need to allot more time to make a card like that than I really had on this one. (I was trying to get it in the mail, so my friend would get it before her birthday.)

And that’s five minutes, and enough rambling for today. Now to correct my mistakes and post this. Hope you’re doing well. Talk to you tomorrow.

No comments: