Monday, September 12, 2005

Rainy Days & Mondays

      It was a Monday today all day. I ended up being the only one at my office for most of the day. Yikes. Mondays are always busy, and my freaking customers didn't seem to understand that I was doing the best I can, but there was a limit on how much I could bend spacetime. Otherwise I could have done all their requests at the same time.
      A good friend of mine is going through a really rough time and there's nothing I can do about it. The problem is going to continue for some time to come, maybe years. He just has to endure, and I need to help him endure, the little that I can. I wish I could shrug and chalk it up to the unfairness of life, but I can't. Don't know how to be that uncaring. I need to learn, I think sometimes, and then I think, but I don't want to be like that. It's a real joy to be in my head sometimes.
      The days are getting shorter; the light is slipping away. Someday I will live where winter doesn't creep in. I won't miss it. Not at all.
      I'm sick and tired of the Katrina Blame Game, played happily and viciously by Republicans and Democrats alike. I wish they would all just shut up. That's right. Shut. Up. Neither party seems to care about how they're tearing the nation apart. I told this to an acquaintance of mine who is a Republican, and he immediately said that it was true but that the Democrats cared less than the Republicans. I could have told him that he missed the point, but instead I just walked away. There is no reasoning with fanatics. I won't waste any of my life by trying. He followed me and told me that he was offended by my dismissal of his opinion. He told me that he expects an apology. I nodded and kept walking. He'll just have to learn how to live with disappointment.
      What a foul mood I'm in. Maybe I just need to count my blessings today. I mean, lots of people would like to have a house and a job right now. I need to be thankful instead of whining like ... well, like something that whines a lot. Maybe I just need some sleep. Yeah, that's it. Good night.

9 comments:

Gloria Williams said...

I too am sick of the Katrina Blame Game. Both parties should be ashamed. At least now it seems that the displaced are receiving the aid they need.

CrystalDiggory said...

I thought it was fascinating to hear about the New Orleans zoo evacuation plan. They were actually airlifting animals out! Maybe we should look at their plan a little more closely...

CrystalDiggory said...

I thought it was fascinating to hear about the New Orleans zoo evacuation plan. They were actually airlifting animals out! Maybe we should look at their plan a little more closely...

CrystalDiggory said...

Okay, I don't know why that came out twice...I couldn't get blogger to even let me post last night. I guess it's trying to make it up to me.

Slim said...

I hope your day improves, Tech.

The Blame Game is a stupid waste of time. We all know it's Bush's fault. :)

The head zookeeper needs to be in charge of FEMA! :)

Anonymous said...

Although I agree, Tech, there are people in both parties who like to fan the flames and divide the country, for whatever reason, I also know there are reasonable people in both parties. Don't give up hope! (But Democrats are more reasonable) Just kiddin'! Sorta. :)

Hope your day is better today.

RebelAngel

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that a fellow Republican was so unreasonable and truthful to you ... :)

I hope you have a better day today.

Michelle said...

Funny how they just can't resist.

Mark said...

I was talking to a Scottish friend of mine, who lives in Edinburgh today, and i mentioned to her that I am so tired of the political fighting in this country I am seriously thinking of moving to Scotland.

Then she said gas is about $4.50 a gallon there.

Maybe when I make my first million.