Saturday, September 10, 2005

My Saturday

      It's been a long day, and I'm about to call it a night. Despite an IBD flare, I got a lot done, mostly on the local theater's group web page. It needed several things updated, and since I use Microsoft Publisher to build it, it took a while. I need to find a better web page creation program and will if I continue to maintain the page. I don't know if the group will buy one for me if I ask, but they might. If not, maybe I could find an inexpensive one and buy it myself.
      I also prepared my final patron drive report. I'll give it at our meeting tomorrow. The drive raised over $6,000 and nearly doubled the number of patrons. I think I did okay. I'm glad to have it over until next year. And maybe next year, someone else can do it!
      Besides theater stuff, I did laundry, worked on my bills, cleaned house, did laundry, went shopping, etc. Naturally I have a list on which I've been checking items off as I get them done. It's the only way I can stay organized these day.
      I'm continuing to go the gym. I think it's getting better. I don't know for sure, but some of the exercises don't seem as hard. I've discovered that changes from day to day, though, so we'll see. I intend to continue to go until the end of the year. Then I'll decide if it's helping me any. I think it will.
      I read Talyn by Holly Lisle (Yes, it finally arrived). You should buy it! It's a good book. Dark, exciting and sexy (not a word I usually associate with fantasy books, but it is) with plenty of adventure. It also raises some interesting questions about honor and what makes a good war. I liked it, but she has rarely disappointed me ... other than she doesn't put books fast enough to suit me. But like a lot of authors, she insists on having a life. What is up with that?
      I'm sure you're probably getting tired of Turner Falls Park, but I regret to inform you that I took over 80 photos down there. Just take a deep breath and humor me.
      And now I'm going to call it a night. You have a good today tomorrow, okay? Okay.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I finished Talyn a few days ago and plan to post a review shortly.

Michelle said...

I am so not tired of the pictures. The castle I say....:)

Anonymous said...

Castles in Oklahoma? I'd love to see that.

RebelAngel

Jean said...

The park pictures are beautiful. As for authors and lives, what IS up with that? I think it has something to do with recharging creative batteries, so they can continue to write interesting and challenging books. Well, it sounds good, anyway.

Congrats on the success of your patron drive.