Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ten on Thursday

This is a ten-minute timed writing. As I mentioned yesterday, I’m using timed writings to get my creative juices flowing again. If you ever get blocked, you’d be amazed how these open up your muse.

Today was a long but good day. My roomie was off work because he has to work Saturday, so we did housework, yard work, and ran errands,errands, and more errands. And in the late afternoon, it finally rained!

We also had high winds and tornadoes all around us, but nothing touched us. I am grateful. Other towns weren't so fortunate.

We went out to eat for lunch at a local Mexican restaurant where I had a guacamole salad and cheese dip, which were my low(er) carb choices. I ate just enough to be satisfied and no more. I drank water and unsweetened tea.

We had been filling our popup pool and getting it ready for the summer. It has been so dry that I wondered if we would have water rationing later on, so I thought it was wise to fill it now. This rain helped us, but we’re still over 10 inches behind in rainfall. Makes me wonder what the summer is going to be like.

The swimming pool pump burned up last year, and the new one came in today. It had all the parts necessary and works fine. We need to vacuum the pool and then shock it. After that, all we need is some sun to warm up the water. Right now, the water is around 65 degrees. A bit cold that is.

Of course, we set up the pool after experiencing weeks of weirdly warm weather, and as soon as we do, the temps drop again. That’s okay. Soon it’ll be nice and warm. And maybe too dry.

Yesterday I wrote five minutes and wrote more than I am now with ten minutes. The words are coming slow tonight. Don’t know why. And the number of words isn’t important; the time is. Got to remember that as I pull myself out of this rut.

Anyway, got a minute or so left. Hope things are going well for you. I miss the comments on this blog. I miss my friends’ blogs. I think Facebook has a lot to answer for. It exchanges depth and discussion for shallow and silly games. I only play one game now on FB – Lexulous – and that’s because my friends do. If they didn’t, I’d stop.

That’s ten minutes, so I’m going to close now. Talk to you tomorrow!

Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I think you might be right about Facebook, but if it weren't for that, you might not hear from me any more than you do. There just isn't much to blog about in my day to day life. I might have one or two more snarky posts per month instead of venting my spleen quickly on FB and calling it good, but I'm trying to keep the overall tone of the blog positive and hopeful, and spleen venting isn't conducive to that.

SBB said...

I had several friends who used to post regularly on their blogs, Wendy. Then they discovered FB. Some of them haven't posted since. Quite sad.

But hey, thanks for your comment! Awesome!