Sunday, April 03, 2011

Half

By following this low carb diet, I have dropped by blood sugar by nearly half. It's running below 150. Admittedly, that's higher than healthy (I'd like to be below 100), but that will come. Unfortunately, until my body adapts, I feel pretty crappy. Tired and restless and generally unwell. That will pass. And hey, I'm losing weight, too. The more weight I lose, the better my life will be.

Otherwise, this last week was not outstanding. I've kept up with the housework and chores and continued to search for a new job. The writing has suffered from neglect. Can't seem to get my brain wrapped about words right now.

I've continued to declutter. That has worked out surprisingly well. I have bunches of stuff -- clothes, electronics, movies, CDs, etc. -- that I haven't used in 10 years. Too long to hold on. My garage sale/thrift store grows larger each day.

The diet is going well. I've cheated a little, but so little that I'm surprised. I didn't know I had the discipline in me. I get the snack urge a lot, but I'm not really hungry, I've learned. I'm an emotional eater. (I miss sugar, bread, pasta ... sigh ...)

Anyway, that's my report for last week. Better news this week I hope.

Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

1 comment:

Leigha said...

I know the feeling, carbohydrate withdrawal is never pleasant.

Being a diabetic myself, it took me forever to understand and for my body to adjust to "normal" blood sugars.

Hang in there and take it day by day! Waving hello to you all the way from San Diego :)