Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Ruby Tuesday

      Another day when I was mostly alone at work. Still as busy. Whee. However, we will waste no more time in whining today. It's unseemly.
      After work I went to the gym and worked off some of my stress. I've written before about the power of sweat. A good hard workout seems to lift some of the burdens. Or maybe I'm just too concerned about someone hearing that slapping noise my thighs make when I run to worry about my other problems. Either way, it works. And today it helped me work off some anger. For me, frustration either turns to anger or depression. Of the two, I prefer the former.
      Why am I angry? Well, I'm giving good advice to a person, but it's being dismissed. It's being dismissed casually. That easy dismissal really gets under my skin. It's easier to take when you feel like the person has at least considered what you're saying. I can live with losing or not getting my way. Quick and callous disregard of my thoughts and opinions, though ... grrrr. Makes me grit my teeth.
      So I had a lot of emotional energy for my workout. I walked, cycled, used the machines, treadmilled and then realized that in my anger, I had pushed it until I was staggering. Not smart, but I recovered fairly quickly. I think I'm slowly building up my stamina. And that thought gave me a good feeling for most of that night. The power of sweat, you can count on it.
      Because of my financial status, I had to choose between Weight Watchers and the gym. I chose the gym. I think I know the principles of WW. I do miss that point calculator on the website; that was handy in finding sneaky fat food. Anyway, the point of WW is to teach you to watch what you eat and to eat healthy. I think I have that. Later when my finances improve, I'll sign up again, but right now I think the gym is more important to my health.
      Speaking of health, I've been trying to get to bed earlier than midnight. Just going to make it this time. Barely. Y'all have a good night and a great tomorrow and then come back here and tell me all about it, ya hear! Night.

12 comments:

CrystalDiggory said...

I think you made the right choice, too. The gym sounds like it will be most helpful to you. Here's a website I like to use when I get the urge for fast food.

http://www.ajc.com/health/content/shared/health/tools/fastfood.html

Mark said...

Seems I remember a post you made a few days ago about how you "dismissed" some other guys opinion.

LOL just kidding. I know it's not the same thing.

Unknown said...

Sweat is Sweet.

Anonymous said...

You're right Mark. It's not the same thing. So astute of you to notice. ;)

Tech: I admire your willingness to change your lifestyle. That's not easy. I've been lucky and never had a weight problem, but that will probably change as I get older and my metabolism slows down. I'm trying to make healthy habits now for then.

I've gone back and read your blog from the beginning. You have written some amazing posts. I read a lot of blogs, but there isn't even one that comes close to this one. Your writing is often powerful and moving. I'm surprised it doesn't have more visitors. But I bet in the future it will.

Slim said...

Tech's the man! :)

You do write well, Techo. You should do that for a living. (grins and ducks to avoid rocks)

Michelle said...

It's the endorphins. When I work out and really sty with it, it makes me Want to eat healthier...

Anyway, need someoen to "spot" you? lol

Michelle said...

Yeesh...typos..

"stay" and "someone"

It's too early to be at work.

SBB said...

Michelle, leopard spots or polka dots? :)

FF, no, I didn't get a paper slider point calculator. Wish I had one. They should handy. Do you know any sites that offer that formula? I Googled it, but didn't find anything.

Crystal, good site. Depressing, too, but helpful.

Thank you, Patriot! I'm not sure I deserve such praise, but it sure felt nice.

Thanks, Slim. And I won't throw rocks. I have a rail gun to do that ... :)

Michelle said...

LOL! Ahem..

The leopard would be something "private" I suppose (I think with us Leo's, purring comes naturally) and the Polka depends on if I get the step right. Fun trying anyway.

I am so bold I shock even myself. :P

Anonymous said...

Have you ever noticed that the only difference between "exercise" and "exorcise" is just one letter?
I'm sure there's a really deep meaning to that somewhere, but I can't figure it out right now..:)

Patriot: I totally agree with you. This is a great blog!

RebelAngel

SBB said...

Michelle, you're naughty! I like that in a woman! :)

Thanks, RebelAngel. I appreciate the encouragement. It means a lot to me that I've found an audience for my typing. :)

Gloria Williams said...

I've thought of joining a gym, but the thought of this old body in exercise clothes always stops me! :)