Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pod person

I was better today. Got some sleep. My stomach is still tender, but seems to be on the way to mending. I felt good enough to do a few things. And I went to the gym in the afternoon and exercised.

Currently I'm walking 2 miles or more, walking at least 10 minutes on the treadmill, riding the recumbent bike 10 minutes or more, and doing 50 reps on the arm curl machine. This takes me about an hour and a half. With drive time, basically I'm devoting two hours or so a day to exercise. That's a lot of time. My health, however, is one of my top priorities right now, so it's a good investment. Just wish I could step up my workout so I could get it done in a hour. And I'll get there. I'm speeding up each day. Eventually I'll be able to get all I want to do in a shorter amount of time.

I can't say I will ever be gung-ho-let's-go for the gym, but I can say that it is helping. I have more energy and more vitality. I do like seeing the people there, who are very supportive just as I try to be supportive of them. Some of them really struggle, and it helps me to help them continue. It's a little community where the bonds aren't deep, but they are there.

So ... I guess I'm saying ... hold on to something because this will surprise you ... that I would miss going to the gym if I had to stop going for some reason. Oh, I could quit. I'm certainly not addicted to exercise, but it has moved from being something I dread to something that I -- almost -- enjoy. Don't tell anyone. They will think I've been replaced by a pod person.

And maybe I have. Certainly if you had told me a year ago that going to the gym would be part of my regular routine, I would have thought you were crazy. Something has changed in that time interval. I guess it's me.

Anyway, another day is drawing to a close. I'll be talking to you tomorrow. Have a great night and wonderful tomorrow. And someday we will rise and greet a new world.

No comments: