Sunday, September 18, 2011

300

Exhausted today. Had real trouble getting to sleep. Stomach was unhappy. Hope I'm not looking at another flare. That would be no fun.

Still working on getting my 300 words a day. It's amazing how difficult that can be if I don't plant my butt on the chair and write. By the way, 300 words is a little more than one page a day. Doesn't sound like much, does it? I suggest you try it for 60 days. You will be surprised how much resistance can build up.

At the Chisholm Trail Book Festival yesterday, many authors had several books for sell. I was impressed by their production and vowed to increase mine. There's really no way to learn to write and to write better than to write, write, write. Of course, you need a feedback mechanism in place, so that you learn what works what doesn't, but that's easy compared to the writing.

My roomie asked why I chose 300 words a day. Don't know. That number felt right. It feels doable. Maybe even a little short. But I decided to set a goal of, say, 1000 words a day would only doom me to failure. I think I could do it, but I would be throwing words on paper without any regard to whether the words were right or not. There's a difference between a flood and irrigation. One destroys, other allows growth.

Back to the Festival, several people commented favorably on the new cover for Murder by the Acre. Most didn't know the cover was new, but thought the book was just out. I was delighted that the comments included: "creepy," "mysterious," "very nice," and "one of the best covers here." That last comment -- from a lady from Texas who purchased MBTA -- meant a lot to me because there were a lot of nice covers at the festival.

And now I'll close and be talking with ya tomorrow. Take care!

Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Amazon.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

No comments: