Monday, September 12, 2011

Good day

Met my goals today. Wrote roughly 300 new words on Murder by the Mile and edited a couple of chapters to update for the new murderer. The change seems to be pulling the book together. Originally I had the murderer be an out-of-towner. I didn't realize how that would stifle our heroes. Part of the charm of the series is the residents of Ryton with all their quirks and follies. With the murderer not being a resident, the residents didn't get to shine as they should. Wish I had stumbled on this sooner. I was stubborn and didn't want to give up the words and work I had already done.

Walked at the gym, but only did two miles and didn't do the bike or arm curl machine. Didn't feel well at all. Weather is changing -- finally -- and my joints are really aching. Also, still having sleep problems, so my get up and go was plumb tuckered out.

Thought I'd share a few of my recent Tweets of Wisdom.

The secret of life is that you have to find a way to be happy. Hopefully this doesn't involve cannibalism.

Hey, I lost enough weight that I can touch my toes again. Although no one has told me why I would want to.

Oh, I only have 10 toes. I want to put that rumor about them to rest.

They say Congress hates Obama. I'm beginning to think they don't like us much, either.

Been told I shouldn't be so discouraged by Congress. That's like telling a drowning man he shouldn't be bothered by all that water.

Another one of my therapists went mad today. That's three in a row. I wonder what's happening to them.

People ask what inspires the murderous ideas for my book, and I realize Congress has given me something after all.

Remember the good old days when they burned politicians at the stake. What? They burned heretics? Even nostalgia isn't a comfort now.


Don't know why I've been so down on Congress. No, wait, I do. They're mean-spirited, greedy, short-sighted, unfaithful batweasels.

Anyway, that's it for tonight. Hope life is treating you well.

Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Amazon.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

No comments: