Saturday, September 17, 2011

Long but fun day

The Chisholm Trail Book Festival was fun and informative, but exhausting. I came home, intending to do several things around the house, but only got the uploading and organizing of the travel supplies done. Too tired otherwise. Maybe I can do a few of my chores tomorrow afternoon, but I expect I will wait until Monday.

My table was right next to Jodi Thomas, a New York Time best selling author. She was swamped with fans and book sales. I got to listen as she worked the crowd. I was amazed at her skill with people and how well she related to them. Admittedly, she's been doing this for years, but it was still awesome. She put her fans at ease and made each of them feel important. I was able to talk to her briefly. As nice and smart as she could be and generous with her thoughts and advice. I've not read her books -- she writes romance -- but her fans were wildly enthusiastic. Here's her website: Jodi Thomas where you can find out more info and order her many books. I'm going to look for one of her books at the library and give it a read.

Only six people who had tables at the Festival last year were there this year. That was disappointing because I made several good friends then that I was looking forward to seeing. Still, I made new ones and saw some great publicity ideas and book covers.

Many self-published books were on display. Overall, they impressed me with their excellent production values. However, there were a couple that needed some editing and design assistance. Several "small press" books were also out, but most of them didn't look as good as the self-published books. Many of the best looking books were published by the major houses -- although I saw one by a major house that was simply ugly and looked shoddy. The best of the self-published looked as good or better than the major houses. Of course, I didn't get a chance to compare content.

Anyway, time to post this before it becomes tomorrow. Hope you have a good night and great tomorrow. Talk to you then.

Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Amazon.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

No comments: