Thursday, September 15, 2011

58

The gym just about did me in today, but I survived and staggered home. I'm trying to push myself harder and faster. Today I walked 2 miles, rode 15 minutes for 2.65 miles on the recumbent bike, and did 50 reps with the hand weights.

And also in fitness news, I have lost 58 pounds from July 2010 to today, 31 pounds of which has been lost since January this year. I don't weigh myself often. In fact, hadn't done so since January. I got too focused and depressed about my weight loss when I weighed myself weekly. But tonight I wanted to see how much weight I had lost. I knew I had lost some because of the way my clothes were fitting, but I didn't know the amount. I figured 30 or so pounds. Fifty-eight was a nice surprise.

So all this walking and working is really working. Hard to tell at times. Got to keep going, keep moving, keep watching what I eat, generally be mindful. Losing weight is great, but more than that, my goal is to be as healthy as I can be: physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

Remember: I'm training to walk in the Fireball Classic next year in July. It's a goal that I think I can reach. Several of my friends have said they will walk it to me. I think about me having a Fireball Classic t-shirt, and it makes me smile. Goofy, I know, but it does.

My new printer is performing well. I'm a little worried about the ink consumption. I'm going to have to watch that closely, but it's time for me to be more careful about my money and spending anyway. Just another thing to keep track of. I can handle it.

Well, time for bed. To attempt to sleep. How I'd love an uninterrupted night sleep. That would be a true blessing. Good night.

Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Amazon.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

3 comments:

Wendy said...

58 lbs is fan-freaking-tactic! Great job! Woooohoooo! Keep up the awesome work!

(Cue balloons and confetti)

Jean said...

Oh, my!!! That is wonderful news, Stephen!!! I know it was hard to do and sometimes I'll bet you wondered if it was worth it. But your hard work and perseverance is bearing fruit and paying dividends. Yay!

Jennifet said...

Stephen
I am so very very proud of you!!! Keep up the amazing job.
Jennifer