Thursday, January 13, 2011

What I'm doing

Between bouts of sickness these past few days, I've been working on finally getting Floozy & Other Stories ready for Amazon and Barnes & Noble and other online dealers. Back when Floozy was first published, I submitted it for Expanded Distribution (which is what Lulu.com, my publisher, calls being available for online retailers). Unfortunately there was a formatting problem that no one could ever figure out.

Finally it was apparent to me that I'd have to reformat the book from the very first page. Since I already couldn't make the deadline to have it available this Christmas, I put it aside. Now I'm working on it. And although it's taking a lot of time, it's finally coming together.

To fix the formatting problem, I changed the book into a text only file. Now I'm reformatting it a page at a time. I'm also putting in corrections (thank you, Jean!) and making a few minor changes to punch up a few jokes. I'm also making a minor change to the cover. I should have it finished by Tuesday or Wednesday next week if things continue to go as it's going now.

So no new words on Murder by the Mile. That's okay. Floozy needs my attention, and I'm certainly learning a lot about formatting that I didn't know before. Knowledge that will be useful for my future projects. And I do have several projects planned. Are you as excited about that as I am?

Anyway, that's what I'm doing. What are you doing?

Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How are you feeling? Haven't heard much from you lately.

It's great that you're going to get Floozy out there, but I really want to read another excerpt from Murder by the Mile!

--Gail