Saturday, January 01, 2011

Goals

I haven't got my words yet, but I will. Things have been going slowly today. I got sick yesterday afternoon and got sicker as the night went on. Nasty cold kept me awake with coughing and sinus headache. Finally started feeling better around noon. Got up and started to straighten my house up and do some chores that had been neglected. Kept thinking about my words and my goals and finally decided to write about them.

My 2011 Goals

I'm intending to write 500-1000 words a day in 2010, only taking 14 days off for vacation/illness. (You can watch my progress at Createslate.)

For January, most of my words will be on Murder by the Mile, the third entry in my Measurements of Murder(tm) series. I need another 20,000 or so to finish the story.

Then in February, I will be editing MBTM and working on a few more stories for Tales from Bethlehem, which I hope to sell to a publisher of Christian books.

In March, more editing and rewriting on MBTM, TFB, and a new project. Don't know what the new project will be yet. Maybe finish Ghosts, a horror adventure story that I started a year or so back.

In April, I hope to publish MBTM and send TFB off to agents/publishers. Of course, I'll be busy with the publicity and promotion for MBTM for several months after its publication date.

There's a possibility I might participate in Script Frenzy in April, where the participants write 100 pages on a play, movie, TV show, etc. It's the companion to National Novel Writing Month, which is in November.

November, of course, will be NaNoWriMo. Wrote 50,000 words in one month. That's an awesome time. I plan on participating again.

I'm also going to be reading the Bible all the way through. Even if you're not religious, I suggest doing so because its sheer literary power. You'll be amazed at the number of similes, metaphors, and other writing tools that the writers of the Bible used to convey their message.

I'm also going to continue to walk and work out at the gym. I hesitate to say this, but ... I'd like to lose 50 pounds in 2011. Is it possible? Don't know, but want to find out.

Anyway, that's all I can see forward on my goals. What do you see in the coming year? Good things? Bad things? Happy? Sad? I don't know if we will succeed with our goals, but I do know we won't if we don't try.

Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes & Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

No comments: