Saturday, March 01, 2008

Normal Saturday

      Since I didn't really write today, I have no reason not to blog, other than the fact that I didn't do much. Well, nothing interesting. After you've fought off a pack of howling killer clowns a few times, you realize that people get tired of hearing you talk about it: "Blah blah blah killer clowns blah blah blah." Since I don't want to subject you to that, I'm trying to figure out something interesting to tell you.
      Let's see. Hmm. Well, I have a new neighbor. She's a vampire, but nice. A bit pale and there's a general sense of doom and decay around her, but as Mrs. Simmons said, we already have a bank officer on our block so we can surely stand a vampire as long as we remember to eat our garlic and never invite her into our houses, which is going to be a problem for block parties, but it can't be helped.
      And I'm being kind to the Mormon missionaries who wander by our street. When I see them, I think of FF, my roomie, Randal, and the other Mormons I have known. Despite that, I don't release the hounds anymore. They're nice young men and so brave to visit here again after that unfortunate incident with the tuba, goat, and Widow Jacobsen.
      The weather was really nice today. Sunshine, warm temperatures, a few white clouds in the sky with only the occasional alien visitation. I took a brief walk around the neighborhood and spoke with a few neighbors or poked them with sharp pointed sticks, depending on what they enjoy. It's days like these that make you glad you're alive or undead or a car salesman as the case may be.
      I spent the rest of the day doing laundry, typing a few words on Murder by the Acre, a bit of housework, washing my car, thwarting a few terrorists plots, napping, reading, filing, etc. The usual. I hope you had a good Saturday, and I hope to see you tomorrow here -- unless, of course, I write a whole bunch or win a lot of money or both. Night!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Always good for a laugh.

SBB said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Vampirena says hi.