Thursday, February 28, 2008

Short post again

Okay. No long post today. Writing all these words is taking all my time. Notice that we're a little over 29,000 at present. Not halfway yet, but getting there. Tomorrow I hope for another 1,000 words. Then I'll officially be just 4,000 words behind where I wanted to be at the end of February. Not bad for losing three weeks in January due to illness. So I'll have March and April to write 38,500 words. It will require commitment, but it's very doable, particularly if I get a few productive weekends. Anyway, what with errands and appointments and writing, that's what I did today. And probably what I'll do tomorrow. Take care. Night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're on a roll! Can't wait to proof it for you.

And, just on a side note, if anyone gets a chance you should go to Clarmont's Cafe in Vinita, OK on Rt.66. They serve one of the best chicken-fried steak dinners I've had in a long, long time. Someone told me the official meal of Oklahoma was the chicken-fried steak dinner, but I'm not sure about that. I didn't know we had an "official" meal, but if we did, that's what it should be.

Crystal

Trixie said...

Yes! Oklahoma DOES have an "official state meal" and it is:

Fried okra, squash, cornbread, barbecue pork, biscuits, sausage and gravy, grits, corn, strawberries, chicken fried steak, pecan pie, and black-eyed peas.

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a fantastic week end!
Roen

SBB said...

It is going well, Crystal, even if it's a bit grinding.

Trixie, good to know, I guess. I don't think that meal's very healthy, but it sounds delicious!

I hope you have a great weekend, too, Roen!