Thursday, March 27, 2008

Doctor day

      Everything went okay with the doctors. It was unpleasant at times -- I think doctors specialize in that -- but obviously I survived. I should get the results of the tests next week. I'm hoping we change my diabetes meds to a cheaper one. The present one is really straining budget to its limits.
      I basically spent whole day doing medical things so I don't really have much to report. I was able to get some writing done in the various waiting rooms, but not as much as I thought I might. It's hard to write at the doctor's. Lots of noise, people moving around, and then just being nervous at being there. I'm glad I'm done for a few more months.
      But in the productive column, I can add that I finished the March family newsletter. It's printing right now. I probably won't get it all printed tonight, but most of it will be. Then I can finish it tomorrow night and mail it Saturday. I'll be caught up for a couple days, and then it will be time to do the April issue.
      In distressing news, a friend of mine discovered an error in Murder by Dewey Decimal. Nothing totally major since no one had mentioned it before, but it sure enough is an error. Can't be corrected in the paperback version, but I can correct it in the hardcover version and will. If you have any errors that you noticed in the paperback version, let me know as soon as you can. I think when Murder by the Acre is published, I will put the hardcover version of MBDD out there, too, so I won't able to make any changes after that.
      And now I think I'm going to call it a night. I hope things are going well for you. Night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just talking to a friend today who orders the meds, her insurance won't cover, from
Canada. She paid a one-time thing and now has free shipping, too. You want me to find out where she orders from?

It's hard to believe with all the eyes that were on MBDD that we all missed something! I haven't read either version yet since I read the draft. Now I'll end up looking for it!

SBB said...

Yes, please, FF!

It's on page 254 of the paperback. Seven lines from the bottom. See if you can find it.

Anonymous said...

I found it! It's amazing. I've read your book twice and never saw it either time.

SBB said...

I know, Gloria. I probably read that page 30 or 40 times as I was writing and rewriting the book, but never caught it.