Monday, March 24, 2008

What I've been doin'

      What oh what has Tech been up to these past few days? You're probably asking that. Well, probably you're watching reality TV, but if you were reading my blog, that's what you'd ask. And why I have this fixation on Pamela Anderson when it's obvious we have no future.
      I've been being halfway productive. In the halfway productive section, I threw some more words at Murder by the Acre, did housework, ran errands, had my federal taxes done, worked on the February family newsletter, and a few other odds and ends. In the other non-productive section, I watched mindless TV (How many bad horror movies will Sci-Fi channel make?) and napped (Sleep, sweet blessed slumber) along with a bit of Net surfing.
      I think my recent passion of Sudoku falls in the non-productive area. Have I mentioned that I've been working/doing/solving Sudoku puzzles lately? I can't say I'm particularly good at it -- I'm still on 1-Star puzzles -- but I enjoy it. (1-Star puzzles are the easiest in the Sudoku book I have. It goes up to 5-Star puzzles, which require time on a supercomputer and a team of Vulcan physicists.)
      In the productive half, I'm glad to get the February family newsletter finished. I've got a good start on March and hope to have it done by the end of this week. Then I will do the April issue and be caught up.
      Thursday morning, I have to go to the doctor for some tests. Nothing too exciting. Just my regular diabetes checkup. They'll take plenty of bloods and subject me to as much pain as possible. Whee. I am NOT looking forward to it at all.
      Work today was busy, but not bad. I don't mind being busy. I don't enjoy angry customers, but I didn't have any of those today. A good day overall.
      I hope you had a good day and have a great night and tomorrow. Night!

8 comments:

Trixie said...

I have become addicted to online sudoku. That's how I've spent many of my free minutes for the past few months. It's a disease, I tell you.

Kirsten said...

I <3 sudoku! Have gotten in the habit of doing one every morning--it helps wake me up, and doesn't induce jitteryness.

RE: the SF channel's bad movies, they'll make as many as we'll watch, of course. Given how well they seem to be doing, maybe you should write a script for them?

Jean said...

Didn't I read somewhere today that Pamela Anderson just got her most recent marriage annulled? Might that mean you actually do have a chance?

Sudoku. I dabble in it on-line now and again, but I'm lousy at it. Scramble is my favorite.

Throwing words at MBTA? Is this the Jackson Pollock version of fiction? It certainly gives new meaning to the mystery genre.

Ah, blood tests. I get mine tomorrow. I'm sure it will be a blast. I also have my annual dental cleaning scheduled. Yup. It'll be a grand day.

Anonymous said...

I don't do sudoku, but I am an enabler around here. ;)

AK Huckeby said...

I'm glad to hear that you like being busy. I'm going to come see you tomorrow to make a few changes... but I promise not to be angry.

SBB said...

Online Sudoku, Trixie? What's the web address? Share your addiction. :)

Kirsten, I've been trying to use Sudoku as a sort of meditation, if that makes sense. So far, so good. I have thought of writing a script, but am not sure how to go about that for a movie.

Jean, Pam keeps doing that to raise my hopes, but she just won't give me a chance. Sigh. Scramble? What's that? And yes, I'm the new Jackson P. of the novel world. Or at least it feels that way -- minus the fame and money and recognition, of course. :)

FF, you should try Sudoku. I resisted for a long time, but after I did my first one, I was hooked.

Looking forward to seeing you, Adam. A bright spot, no doubt, in my day. :)

Kirsten said...

Tech, here's the online one I do: http://www.dailysudoku.co.uk/sudoku/index.shtml

There's a printable version, too, for those who prefer that, and they mix up the levels so the difficulty's not so predictable as some.

And I can definitely see doing it as meditation, as it certainly keeps me focused on the moment.

SBB said...

Thanks, Kirsten. I can definitely see that I'm going to be spending a lot of time there. :)