Monday, March 17, 2008

Clumsy Monday

      Today I slipped off my diet and bought a cheeseburger and a full order of fries. As I was handing the money to the lady at the drive-in window, I dropped the bag and spilled all the fries into the floorboard. I was able to save the burger, though, so I still fell off my diet despite my clumsiness.
      When I got home, I picked up my floor mat and dumped the fries in the trash. Grease and bits of potato were still on the mat so I washed it off. My car smelled like French fries, so I found an air freshener and hung it up in my car, hoping that would disguise the odor. But it didn't. Instead, the air hangs heavy with the delicate scent of perfume and French fries. My car smells like a lady of the evening who works out of McDonalds. I drove to work with all my windows open.
      And that's about how my day went. I was always behind a beat or ahead a beat, but off nonetheless. Fortunately the day ended without me burning down the office or breaking a leg or anything other disaster. And this evening, I added another thousand words to Murder by the Acre. So the day ended well.
      How was your day? Anything exciting going on in your world? I'm sure enjoying the warmer weather and the sunlight. I'm also enjoying the John Adams mini-series on HBO. Worth watching.
      And now I'm going to call it a night. Take care.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sorry about that first comment--I didn't realize I was in my son's account and not signed in on mine.

I think I'll quit while I'm behind. ;)

Anonymous said...

Monday was better than today. I'm dog sitting during spring break. So instead of my two housedogs, I have four dogs indoors. Woke up - on my own rather than by the alarm clock - late for work. I have to go through the den to get to my car - came across dog poop all over mixed with dog food that had been ripped from the bag. Now it has rained all day so they are nice and wet and muddy each time the come in from their 'potty' break. Fortunately, I love dogs and my family loves me.

SBB said...

FF, I liked "Michael's" comment better. :)

Anon, sounds like a rotten day. Uh, who are you? :)