Monday, March 31, 2008

Stormy weather

      A summer squall blew through my town this afternoon. We had torrential rain and a lot of hail from pea size to quarter size. Here's a photo of the storm as it went away. I tried to take some photos of the hail, but none of them turned out.



      I got my test results today. They were all good. Amazingly good. Well, amazingly good for a diabetic. So I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing and try to do more. I need to exercise. Somehow I have to fit that in.
      I still don't have the prescription for the new diabetic drug. I'm hoping the doctor will call it in tomorrow. I'm a little worried about the side effects, but it will be less expensive and all the drugs seem to have side effects.
      Anyway, I'm going to call it a night. Hope things are going well for you. Night!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one really dark sky!

Kirsten said...

Yup, it was very dark! And the hail was incredibly loud on the metal roof of the library.

Glad your tests were all a-ok, Tech.

SBB said...

It was that dark, too. When it was hailing, it looked like it was night.

SBB said...

Kirsten, we have a metal awning in back, and the noise was deafening.

Trixie said...

Tech, I'm glad you came through the storm OK. And a WOOT to you on your tests! I go Friday for my next bloodwork and I think it won't be as good as the last three month test. I have slipped up a little and expect it will show. I just hope it's still better than my first go-round. It has to be.
Since we're starting this 90-day stint about the same time, we can work to keep each other doing the right things to get and keep those numbers down, OK?

Jean said...

I'm glad you're ok. Happy to hear your test results are as good as they were. Good luck adjusting to the new medication.

I'm worried about the time you're spending with Henry. The discussions should be interesting, though. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had good results from the doctor's office! Yay!

Take your umbrella to work today. More wet weather is supposed to be rolling in.

Crystal

Anonymous said...

Tech,
I have a friend who is really sick. We think she may have Crohn's can you email me. I would like to talk to you on the phone.
helicopterkat@yahoo.com .

Jeannie Diane

SBB said...

Trixie, sure I'll be your support partner! I know you -- and I -- can beat this into submission. Or at least make it very, very, very tired!

Henry and I only discuss you, Jean. So yes, it is interesting. :)

It's foggy here, Crystal. No rain yet, but it's sure damp.

You be emailed, Jeannie. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she's getting good care.

Anonymous said...

Do you realize your last e-mail was on MONDAY??

Crystal

Anonymous said...

I mean, "post". Your last posting was on Monday.

Crystal

SBB said...

Yes, Crystal, I realize that, but I posted tonight.