Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Grump

      I am incredibly grumpy tonight. Tired of cold weather, my job, my life, the world. The usual list of whines and complaints. I'm tired of them, too.
      By the way, if I have to read one more essay, blog, article comparing Obama to Lincoln, I'm going to go ballistic. He isn't Lincoln. Clinton isn't Lincoln, either. Lincoln was the only Lincoln. Deal with it.
      I need a massage. Or time in a hot tub. Both. And time to not think. To disappear into Ryton without the real world intruding. Maybe to just disappear.
      Another aside, I'm tired to the point of violence of pseudo-intellectuals attempting to impress me with their knowledge of obscure Biblical facts or historical trivia or academic minutiae. If I'm eating lunch alone, it might be because I can't stand hearing about your dissertation one more freaking time. A dissertation that is so boring and dry that it could break the will of political prisoners.
      As I read this over, I realize it’s too grumpy. So I’m going to close and not subject you to any more of my bile. Have a good day tomorrow.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

There, there, Techie. It'll be okay. Things will look better in the morning. ;)

Trixie said...

I'm with you, Tech. Yesterday afternoon left me extremely grumpy with pea-brained people. I don't think I'm over it yet. We'll see... I'll know for sure if I go ballistic in the office this morning. GRR.

Anonymous said...

Oh tech try a long hot bath with a good book. And yes your's counts as a good book but it is hard to get the coumputer in to the tub..have your roomie build you something! Then shut your eyes and think of me giving you a massage..best i can do we are too far apart. And yes your shoulders are really tight and need relaxing!
Roen

SBB said...

Actually, FF, it doesn't.

I don't suffer fools lightly either, Trixie. Just remember that prison isn't as fun as some people think.

You're a darling, Roen!

Anonymous said...

I think venting is good for the soul. It keeps us from actually leaving a trail of body parts scattered around town.

Forget the bath, though. You need sea water, sandy beaches, trade winds caressing your face, and a cruise ship about to leave port. I'll get my bags!

Crystal

Kirsten said...

Well, I work in academia, so I'm used to dealing with other people's minutiae. But long soliloquies on dissertations generally cross even my line.

I like Crystal's idea of a trip to the beach. But I'd settle for enough snow to build a decent snowman.

SBB said...

Crystal, a cruise does sound good! I just have to get my passport.

Kirsten, we might get enough snow tonight, they say.

Anonymous said...

I have beach not too far from me if you get seasick. ;)

I don't know what the temps at the beach are, but it was 77 in my neighborhood today. We could use some more rain, but it was nice as was today.

Jean said...

Hugs, TECH. Note to self: Remember not to talk about my dissertation if given the chance to produce one.

I've been feeling similarly lately, so I empathize with you.

SBB said...

FF, we didn't get the snow! Woohoo! It's sunny this morning and cold, but nothing's falling.

I think a lot of people are feeling that way, Jean. Must be winter.