Monday, July 30, 2007

A good Monday?!

       Yes, I had a good Monday. Hard to believe about a Monday when I had to work, but it's true. Oh, there were a few problems at work, but plenty of nice things happened to make the problems seem insignificant.
       First good thing: Plenty of friends and family called, mailed cards, and emailed to wish me a happy birthday. It was awesome that people would take the time to do so. I was touched.
       Second good thing: My friend Kevin took me to lunch today at a Mexican restaurant. We were joined by my roomie. A nice meal.
       Third good thing: My roomie grilled T-bone steaks for us tonight as my birthday meal. We had it with new potatoes, sugar snap peas, broccoli salad, tomatoes and a slice of cherry chip cake. Delicious.
       Fourth good thing: I received some good loot from various friends and family, including three cool shirts, some Murder by Dewey Decimal merchandise and a couple of gift cards. Very nice and very unexpected.
       Fifth good thing: I had ordered some MBDD buttons, journal, cards and T-shirts, and they all came into today. Other than the journal, I'm pleased with how everything looks. (The journal was damaged in transit.)
       Sixth good thing: MBDD was today the 76th entry on the weekly top 100 best selling list on Lulu. Is that cool or what? I don't know if the book will rise any higher, but since I didn't expect to make the list anyway, it was a nice boost. And hey, it made the list without me ordered any books. (I will eventually be ordering about 25 for the book signing in my hometown and in my current town, but haven't needed to do that yet because the book signings won't be until the book is available at the wholesalers, sometimes in August or early September.) I sure appreciate everyone who purchased one and thank you for supporting me. (Please tell your friends about it! Word of mouth is the best advertising ... unless, of course, I could get Harry Potter to make a guest appearance in my book!)
      And that was my Monday. I hope you had a good day. Apparently that is possible even on a Monday. Good night!
      
Order Murder by Dewey Decimal in paperback HERE!

Order Murder by Dewey Decimal in hardcover HERE!

Order Murder by Dewey Decimal merchandise HERE!
 

5 comments:

Erudite Redneck said...

Happy birthday, dude.

SBB said...

Thanks, ER!

Michelle said...

Soooo Happy --------->



That you had a good day. :)

Anonymous said...

LOl yah even mondays can be good! My book hasn't arrived yet but it has shipped. Gald you had a good day.
Roen

SBB said...

Thanks, Michelle! I hope you had a good one, too.

Roen, people started receiving books today. You should get yours soon, I'd think.