Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Tuesday not so good & today ... sigh

       Tuesday wasn't so good. Nowhere close to Monday. A couple of angry and rude customers followed by some minor surgery on my foot made for a painful day.
       The thing about the foot is that when I went into the doctor, I wasn't feeling any pain. Now it throbs. I'm supposed to have it elevated, but that's impossible at work. I had intended to take the afternoon off and take care of it, but my secretary went ahead and quit today. (She had given her notice a couple of weeks ago, but was going to stay until next week. Her plans changed.) My boss is on vacation, and with her gone, that leaves just me to man the office. Oh happy day. And to make it worse, I have to go back next Tuesday to have more done, but at least that should be the end of it.
       I did receive good news about my diabetes, though. My blood tests from last week came back, and the results are good. I don't have my diabetes under control yet, but my blood sugar counts all dropped, and I'm very close to achieving control. Liver and kidney functions came back good. So all this dieting and the lifestyle changes are really working. I'm very pleased.
       Sales have slowed on Murder by Dewey Decimal, but I'm still getting some. So far, each publicity "wave" has generated a few more sales. The best result, so far, has been from the postcards that I mailed to friends and family. Second best, the email I sent out. And then I've got a handful of sales from the posters and buttons. Next up is the press release for various newspapers. And also the postcards to Oklahoma libraries. And then book signings.
       Last night I sat down and did some plotting on Murder by the Acre, the sequel to MBDD. I realized what was wrong with the final third of the book. I can fix it without having to throw the whole section out. The fixing will reach back into the first third, but it's going to be a much stronger and funnier book as a result. The books aren't laugh-a-minute, but I do like there to be humor in them. I'm going to get working on it. I have a target date to release it sometime in October or early November. Christmas shopping, ya know.
       Hey, a BIG THANK YOU goes out to Frenzied Feline. She posted a link to MBDD on her sidebar. She's the first of my blogging friends to do so. (Hint, hint!) I appreciate her support. If I ever have a fan club, I want her to be in charge of it!
      Well, it's time to go back to work. I've been posting during lunch. Hope the rest of your day goes well. Talk to you tomorrow.
 
Order Murder by Dewey Decimal in paperback HERE!

Order Murder by Dewey Decimal in hardcover HERE!

Order Murder by Dewey Decimal merchandise HERE!
 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome for the link--my pleasure. Now I can hardly wait to proof MBTA for ya. :)

Way to go on the diabetes tests. I'm glad to see your efforts paying off.

Didn't that secretary just start working for you? I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to work for you, unless you're really mean in an employment setting. Heck, keep me laughing and I'll be your secretary! How's telecommuting work for you? ;)

Are you sure you can't keep your foot elevated at work? If there's a couple of angry and/or rude customers that come in, the sympathy factor could go a long way.

Hmmm, president of Bagley's fan club... :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the progress with your blood sugar. I think you can beat this.

SBB said...

She is going back to school, FF. This office wasn't going to be her career. I sure don't blame her a bit, even though I wish the timing had been different. She was a good employee.

Yeah, you've got the president's job if you want it! Your first order of business will be to find some other fans! :)

SBB said...

Thanks, Kent. I intend on getting it under control. I don't want it to damage me any more than it already has.

SBB said...

By the way, I found FF's post on over-the-shoulder-boulder-holders to be ... interesting to say the least. :)

Anonymous said...

Aw, come one, admit it. You laughed over at least one thing! ;)

SBB said...

I laughed at two things ... uh ... several things, I mean :)

Bri said...

Sorry about your foot :) Also, when I get a chance I'll try to pic up MBDD. Hope it keeps going well.

SBB said...

Thanks, Bri! I visited your blog. It's well-designed and well-written. I'll be visiting again.

Bri said...

Haha - It's called Sven because of the made-up personal trainer who goads us on. Sven Says Sweat/70 Days of Sweat are the names of the challenge and it's just designed to force writers to get the novel written. Thanks for dropping by! I'll add you as a link later tonight! :)

SBB said...

Sven sounds like a meanie! But a good meanie.

Anonymous said...

I want in on this fan club!
Roen

SBB said...

Roen can be vice-president!

Anonymous said...

Check out my blog! :)

SBB said...

I did, FF. Very cool.