Tuesday, July 24, 2007

T-minus 1 and counting ...



       We are close to the launch of Murder by Dewey Decimal. If I were cool -- and I'll tell you right now that I'm not and never will be; I'm quirky and dangerously so -- I'd be real casual about the whole thing, but instead I'm just about hopping up and down. It feels like Christmas when I was a kid, and that's a wonderful feeling that I don't get to feel very often these days. I highly recommend the feeling.
      One minute past midnight tonight, it will be available to order. Of course, I realize that most folks will have long since went to bed. There won't be a flood of orders, but just knowing it's there will be a good thing. I expect to be smiling a lot tomorrow.
      Tonight I uploaded a few corrections, but mostly I wandered around the Lulu site and looked at other people's books. There is a lot of good looking books there. I hope mine fits in.
      Oh, I mailed out a lot of postcards to my family and friends today. Let me know if you receive yours. (I mailed to them all the Harbor Street readers whose addresses I have.) I'm anxious about the USPS treated them.
      I went to the doctor today for my three month diabetes check-up. So far, so good. I don't have my liver or A1C tests back yet, of course, but otherwise it looks good. I have to go to another doctor next Tuesday for a diabetes wound problem, but that's minor and shouldn't be a problem.
      Well, I'm going to close now. Talk to you tomorrow. Thank you all for your support. Night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol stay high life is lots more fun that way!
Roen
ps I'm actually happy just knowing how excited you are and there is the wonder feeling of being able to tell every one "yah i know the author he is a good friend of mine." Can't wait to get the shirt lol