Thursday, July 19, 2007

Small successes

      I know posts have been scarce around here. I'm sorry for that, but it's been a bad week. My job has been grueling, and my diabetes responded accordingly with high enough sugars to sap my energy and make me feel terrible. Let's not dwell on that. We'll talk about the successes of the week, of which there were some.
      First, I finished two family newsletters. I published and mailed both the April and May. And I have started the June, which I hope to finish this weekend.
      Second, I had a nice meal with some friends Tuesday night at a local Mexican restaurant. Good conversation and good food. I was limited to what I could eat, but the conversation was so good that I didn't feel deprived.
      Third, I created a bunch of merchandise for Murder by Dewey Decimal on Cafepress. It was a lot of fun. Buy your MBDD T-shirts, mugs, bags, cards, magnets, buttons, etc. here.
      Fourth, I reduced my monthly bills some and hope to be able to reduce them even more. I'm tired of being stressed about money. It's time to fix that.
      Fifth, I'm still here. Still functioning. Still plugging along. Still have hope. Still believe in love, American way, God's goodness. That's a victory this week.
      If you're wondering what's happening with MBDD, it will be published Friday, July 27. Oddly enough, the release of Harry Potter led to the postponement. Apparently almost all other book sales drop drastically week following its release. The Harry Potter juggernaut rolls over everyone else. So a lot of publishers hold off their releases until the initial HP rush is over. Makes sense to me.
      The weekend is almost here. I hope tomorrow goes well for you. Talk to you then.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those aren't small successes, Tech. They're all things you can be proud of. I'm going to pray that you find a new job or that your book sells so well you can write full time! :)

SBB said...

Thanks, Gloria. You're a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

And I love the merchandise! I'm going to buy a button and wear it to work. :)

Jean said...

I have to agree with Gloria -- those aren't small successes. Good work!

SBB said...

Thank you, Jean. I appreciate your kind words.