Thursday, June 07, 2007

Thoughts

We are never going to advance as a people if someone doesn't invent a way to reach through the phone and strangle a person. Not just any person, either. One of my particularly vicious customers who cussed me out yesterday and then demanded an apology from me for making her so mad that she swore. She needs a good strangling, and I need to give her one, but technology simply hasn't advanced that far. Yet.
      Did you enter the June 2007 Giveaway? Win free stuff! See rules and info here and vote on your favorite cover for Murder by Dewey Decimal here.
      Speaking of MBDD, you are aware that I intended to spend the weekend on doing the final polish edit for it. My plan was to submit the book to Lulu on Saturday or on Sunday at the very latest. That has changed. Mikey is coming to stay this weekend! I'm delighted that he is, but that means the MBDD polish edit will have to postponed. It's impossible to work on the computer when he is here as he wants my total attention and I want to give it to him. Unfortunately this means I probably won't have a book in my hands until early July, but hey, that's my birthday month so it can just be a birthday gift for me.
      Mikey won't arrive until Friday night so I'll have tonight and Sunday night to work on it. I don't expect it to be done by that time because I'm going to be going slowly and carefully. This is my last chance to catch any errors.
      And this is a good point to thank my roomie, Crystal and Frenzied Feline for proof-reading MBDD. They all caught errors that I missed on my first read-though. I dedicated the book to them as well as my other readers on this blog who have encouraged me in producing it. (Note: I'm using your screen names in the dedication unless you've emailed me and told me to use your real name as some of you have already done. If you'd like your real name used, please let me know ASAP.)
      Frenzied Feline asked about purchasing an autographed copy. Unfortunately there's no way to do that if you order through Lulu, Amazon or B&N, but I have decided to produce autographed book plates for each purchaser. (A book plate is basically a large, decorated sticker that I sign and personalize to you and that you stick in the front of the book.) I'll mail one to anyone who purchases one of the books and emails me his/her snail mail address.
      This is assuming, of course, that someone somewhere for some reason purchases the book. I'd like to think that will happen. My goal is to sell 100 books. I think that would be cool. Yeah, I know that's not a lot, but let's see how hard that is. If I reach it easily -- unlikely but possible considering the number of family and friends I have -- then I might raise the goal a bit, but I have to remember that I primarily produced this book for me. Any purchased copies are gravy. Delicious, soul-warming gravy that I'd like to fill a swimming pool with. But gravy nonetheless.
      Michelle at Soul Patches finally -- FINALLY -- posted again today. Whew. I was glad to see it.
      Trixie at Trixie's Home hasn't let us know yet how her new job is going. I'm agog with interest. I hope she can post soon.
      Jean at Rantings and Ravings of an Insane Writer has been posting snippets of her novel in progress. I'm very curious about how the story of Cole, Nikki and Jeff unfolds. I hope she shares more soon.
      Erudite Redneck continues to keep the pot stirred with his posts on political and religious issues. He hardly drops by here any at all; I guess the calm waters bored him. Of course, he's been missing the references to himself, too.
      Joel (Words, Weights, Whatever) posted a darkly funny story about Pokemon. That's right, Pokemon. Check it out. You'll look at Pikachu differently after reading it.
      Some cliff swallows have made their home at Frenzied Feline's home. You'd think they'd be more careful around cats.
      Rain at Rainy Day Wonderings shared an fascinating video from YouTube, which features Women In Art. Beautiful and worth viewing.
      And now it's time to get ready for work. Have a great day. One of us should.

9 comments:

Rain said...

First I want to thank you for the link, it is so sweet of you!

Second, have a great time with Mikey. Enjoy him while he is young because kids grow up so fast. Geez my youngest is graduating from high school tomorrow. Seems like just yesterday he was starting first grade.

Also, is your email address hidden like a snake in the grass? I have looked and I can't find it anywhere! Any help with this would be appreciated..

Take care of you!

SBB said...

If you look on the sidebar, between the Archives and the Hit Counter, you'll see a link Talk To Me. Click on that and it will open your default email client with my address already prefilled for you. Or you can email me at issacskye at gmail.com :)

And you're very welcome.

Jean said...

You have read the other excerpts from earlier in the novel that have been posted much earlier, right? Click on the Threads & Ties category (unfortunately, you will have to sift through various innocuous progress reports and other related items to find them).

These latest excerpts are from later in the book.

Jean said...

Oh, and have a great time with Mikey.

Rain said...

Thank you tech, goodnight. :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I commented last night, but I guess Blogger ate it. Now I can't remember what I said.

Is it Monday yet???

Erudite Redneck said...

Pbhth. ;-P

Trixie said...

ER hasn't been at my site either, Tech. Could it be the lack of writing on my part? I'll have a post to update things this afternoon sometime -- I'm in OKC for the weekend working on packing and other chores that must be done at the old house.

Anonymous said...

Come to think of it, I haven't seen ER at my place much lately either. I think he just isn't comfortable anyplace that is too peaceful. ;)