Sunday, June 03, 2007

MBDD front covers

       These are what I came up for the front cover of Murder by Dewey Decimal. They're not fancy, but I think they're attention getting. Which cover do you prefer?
      Crystal continues to make her way through her proofreading of MBDD. (She's on page 50.) She's in the middle of getting her newly purchased house ready to move into, so I appreciate her taking the time to proof MBDD when she has so much on her plate already.
      The formatting is completed. I still have to create a back cover. I'm working on writing the copy for the back cover. Wish I knew an author well enough that I could beg him/her into giving me a quote for the back, but I don't. It will be okay without one. Maybe I can get one for the next book in the series Murder by the Acre, from which I will begin excerpting soon.

Cover 1



Cover 2



Cover 3

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the knife on #1 the best, since Agatha had her throat slit. :)

Did you know about the site where you can generate your own old-fashioned dewey decimal library card? That would be cool behind the knife, maybe with blood splatters.

http://www.blyberg.net/card-generator/

DH thinks I'm gruesome. I can't imagine why he thinks that when he watches Steven Segal. LOL

Anonymous said...

I like the first one best, too. I think it looks very dramatic and eye-catching.

Crystal

Anonymous said...

I like 3 or 1. I'm excited about getting to buy the book, Tech!

Jean said...

I like Frenzied Feline's suggestion, which means I guess I like #1.

Unknown said...

I'm voting for #1, but I would like to see an example with ff's suggestion to look at.

Anonymous said...

Or how about a blood drip of the end of the knife?
Roen
PS one is best