Saturday, December 16, 2006

Saturday December

      Howdy. Not much to report other than I am getting better. I actually did some long overdue housework today. Not much and I didn't really make a dent in the pile of Things To Do, but it's been so long since I was able to do even that. So I was pleased out of proportion.
      I'm going to a play tonight. "Papa's Angels," a Christmas story. Actually I've been working in the ticket booth each night since Wednesday (yes, I know I shouldn't do that with my ankle and my back, but I had volunteered previously and no one else would take my place so I did it and have done okay) as well as being at several of the rehearsals, but I've yet to see the whole play performed.
      I re-learned a hard lesson last night. To wit, you are never really safe among your friends. They can turn on you quickly and throw you to the dogs without a second thought. Admittedly, I have several friends who have never done that and whom I trust completely, but otherwise, beware. It's just that living distrustfully is so hard. It's probably wiser to do so, but I'm not sure I could. So probably I'll go on being disappointed. Scratch this whole paragraph.
      Does anyone ever click on spam in their mailboxes? If not, why do spammers continue? The answer must be that some people do. Hey, stop doing that!
      Do you realize that Christmas is only nine days away? How's that for inducing panic, eh? I have just a few more people to buy for, and then I'm done. Amazon.com and Walmart.com saved Christmas for me. I'd rather go and shop as I enjoy that, but this worked.
      I ordered a subliminal weigh loss CD. It supposedly shipped a couple of days ago. I'll let you know if it helps me fight the weight loss war.
      Well, it's time to go to the theater. Hope you're having a good weekend. Talk to you later.

2 comments:

Trixie said...

I hope you enjoy the play. And I'm sorry you've got some lousy "friends." Hopefully you'll find some wonderful loyal friends to replace them in the new year. Hope you feel better too!

SBB said...

I have good friends, too, Trixie, in whose company I could you!

Okay, FF, I'll continue to get better. Just for you. :)