Tuesday, December 19, 2006

6 Days Til Christmas & other things

      Howdy! This will be the last post in which I will discuss my aches and pains until after the New Year. Looking back over the past few months, I can see I've spent way too much time sharing my illnesses. I can tell already how much fun I'm going to be in the nursing home when I reach that age.
      Still, it's be a painful and humbling past few months. I'm still right in the middle of the healing process, but at least I am healing, however slowly. It's just going to take time, and I'll have to be patient. (Patience, by the way, has to be one of the most over-rated virtues.) I could with less pain, but that's probably true for all of us.
      I actually went Christmas shopping last night. I was exhausted and aching by the time I was finished, but I got a lot done. I went for gifts for my nieces, nephew and god-children. I wouldn't have gone for adults. Adults are happy with a gift card, but children need gifts. And I found most of what I was looking for. There were a lot of people in the store, but the aisles weren't overloaded.
      On Christmas Eve, I will be posting "A Star's Tale," the latest from my Tales of Bethlehem series, slated for completion sometime around 2015 ... I hope you enjoy this different take on the Star of Bethlehem.
      In fact, this is the last non-Christmas subject post before Christmas. We haven't had a lot of Christmas cheer around here, and it's time to change that now. So fasten on your stocking caps, rev up the reindeer, light your candles and bake those pumpkin pies. The 51313 Harbor Street 2006 Christmas Countdown is officially on!
      Let's see what's in the line-up, shall we?
The 51313 Harbor Street 2006 Christmas Countdown
Wednesday, December 20 -- Recipes from my sister's kitchen. (She's a marvelous cook, but deadly dangerous to diets.)
Thursday, December 21 -- Christmas Facts, some of which might be true. (Truth sometimes slips into my posts despite my best efforts.
Friday, December 22 -- Ways to fight those Christmas blahs. (I haven't written this yet, but I suspect streaking will be mentioned.)
Saturday, December 23 -- Maybe some photos, jokes, poems, don't know yet, but will figure out something.
Sunday, December 24 -- "The Star's Tale."
Monday, December 25 -- The Christmas Story from the Bible.
      We'll include some surprises along the way just to keep things interesting as well as posting more than once in a day! Yes, that's right. If you only read the top post, you may miss some items. Don't let that happen to you!
      It's time to get ready for work now so I'll close. Have a great day, and I'll be seeing you later today for another post or two. Joyeux Noel! (Merry Christmas in French)

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Woohoo!! I am so excited! :)

SBB said...

I hear that a lot from women, Michelle. :)

Anonymous said...

I got the gazette in the mail and it was lots of fun! thanks so much! I will wait for the fun facts and food yess post about food!
Roen

SBB said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Roen!

Michelle said...

I bet. ;)

SBB said...

I wish!

CrystalDiggory said...

SIX DAYS?? That's all?? SIX DAYS?
(sigh) Oh, I did have a little Christmas miracle today. I went to the post office in the little town where I live and there were NO lines. Except for me and the postal worker there was no one there. I mailed my packages and walked out in less than 10 minutes. Woo hoo!!