Tuesday, September 07, 2004

     Got to watch a Godzilla movie yesterday afternoon. Don't know why I like those monster movies so much. They're cheesy. They're bad. They've got no redeeming features. But I likey mikey! And they're still making them in Japan so others must feel that way. Perhaps mostly children, but enough that the last movie made millions, which is a great profit since it probably only cost a dollar eighty-five at most.
     I have several Godzilla movies on DVD. Some of the originals and some of the remakes. But no matter how much better the special effects are, there's still a guy in a rubber suit who goes around and crushes model buildings. It's great fun.
     I have a friend in Dallas who told me that he couldn't understand how I could like those movies. I told him that I don't make fun of his religion so he shouldn't make fun of mine!

     Well, Blogger won't let me post this. So I guess I'll just add some to it while I wait. Sometime back, Blogger didn't let me post for three days. It's strange about how much pressure can build up when you can't publish. After all, it's not like any of us get paid for this. But still ... I feel that need -- increasingly urgent to get the words out there.
     Still won't publish. Guess I'll call it a night and try again tomorrow morning.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

GODZILLA RULES THE EARTH!!! :)
-Susan

Erudite Redneck said...

No, no, Mothra rules the earth! :-)

Trixie said...

No, no. Laurel and Hardy rule the earth!

SBB said...

I'm sorry. I like L&H and that big insect is cool, but GODZILLA RULES THE EARTH!

Unknown said...

RE: pressure.
"Addiction, is the spice of life" (variation of the song, Temptation is the spice of life. Singer unknown.)