Saturday, September 18, 2004

      Busy, busy, busy day. No time to breathe. I spend the day writing, running errands, cleaning house, doing laundry, etc. I got a lot done, but a lot is left to be done. Sigh. Never enough hours in the day.
      Lately I've been thinking about time. What I've done with mine. What time I have left. How it rushes by, day after day, year after year, a never-ending blur that makes up our lives. How it all goes so fast and ends so soon and what I'd give for another childhood in the summer when a day seems like a year. And how we want to reach the end and look back and think that it wasn't wasted, that it had meaning, that we made the world better, that we loved and were loved in return.
      There are no guarantees. Our next breath could be our last. Our most perfect joy could be around the corner, down the block, crossing the street or half a world away. We might never meet; we might meet without knowing it. It's a wonderful, terrible world in which we live, equal parts heaven and hell, chance and design. Nothing is certain except uncertainty.
      We are braver than we give ourselves credit for. We get out of bed each day and face all this and do over and over. What amazing creatures we truly are.

© 2004. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I commented first!!! :)
-Susan1

Anonymous said...

Tech, I have finished going back and reading all your entries, and although I enjoyed the poetry, quotes, and pictures, I am glad you started writing text. It makes you more human and it's more fun to converse. I am so happy about your book. I already feel that we are friends, and I like the ppl who comment, too. They genuinely care for you. I made some comments to your earlier entries. To answer the question that Susan1 introduced, I am married, too, for 23 yrs, I was 17, you do the math. I have 2 kids, 19 and 23, both gone off to explore the world on their own. I am a traveling nurse, currently in Fl, and originally from Arkansas, your neighbor I presume. (I don't think I am revealing too much.) I too want to make a mark, however small, before I die. I said this once to a couple of ppl in my office and they laughed, I don't think the thought had ever entered there heads before that. No nothing is certain, but I am glad that God puts in places to meet each other and lift each other up for the short time we have on earth. For now I am happy to be.....susan2

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this posting.
randall