Friday, September 24, 2004

This and that

      I don't have much to blog tonight. I did a lot of errands today and took some new photos for the blog, including the cloud photo below.
      A friend of mine attracted a troll to his blog. If you're not familiar with the term "troll," it's a person who leaves obscene or insulting comments on a blog. I've only had that happen twice to this blog. I deleted both obscene comments cheerfully. I won't debate or attempt to reason with a troll. I just delete and move on. My friend has chosen another path, and more power to him, but I find trolls to be tiresome and immature.
      In other news, I picked the book back up. The break helped. It flowed better tonight. I wrote over 1,000 words that didn't make me want to throw up.
      I think I left the most important tip out of my diet suggestions yesterday. If you fall off the wagon, get right back on. A lot of people give in to their craving and decide that they can't lose weight so they stop trying. Your diet will fail only if you give up. So you slipped; big deal. You'll do better tomorrow. As long as you don't quit, you can't fail.
      I read five books this evening. Don't be impressed. They're not large books. They were The Venetian's Wife, Griffin & Sabine, Sabine's Notebook, The Golden Mean and Morning Star by Nick Bantock. They're mystical, sensual, interesting books with their stories mainly told by postcards, letters, diary entries and art. Worth looking at. I'm glad I found them at my local library.
      And that's the way it was today. Good night.

5 comments:

Trixie said...

You may not think you had a lot to blog tonight, but you packed a lot of encouragement into it for me.
*You got back to the book.
*You wrote 1,000 words that didn't make you want to throw up.
*You were all mature-like about the troll.
*You reminded us not to give up.
*You shared more helpful tips to encourage those of us with weight-loss goals (or desires).
*You did some leisure reading.
All that makes for a very enriching, full day! Thank you!

Gloria Williams said...

I've read a few of the Griffin and Sabine books. The artwork is odd but interesting. The story doesn't make much sense, but perhaps it would have if I had read them all at once like you did. I did enjoy the postcards and other clever enclosures.

Erudite Redneck said...

Ooooh, Dr. ER gave me Griffin & Sabine when we wre just a-courtin' -- helped me see that the scientist I was already attracted to had a romantic-poetic side and might be worth fallin' in love with. Look what happened! :-)

Anonymous said...

Tech, I found "Griffin & Sabine" at my library. What an odd book. It takes work to read and my oldest wanted to look at it. He thought it was a "icshure book." He got bored with it quick!!! Do Griffin and Sabine ever get together? :)
-Susan1

Anonymous said...

I agree, "If you fall off the wagon, get right back on" I think this true for dieting and anything else of worth. To often we fall down as we attempt to accomplish something or overcome a weakness and we don't stop the downward slide but allow it to go on to long and then we feal it overcomes our accomplishments. It's important when we drop the ball (we all do at times) to get right back in the game let the failure take care of itself, soon the victories outweigh anything else.
Randall