Thursday, September 16, 2004

     What to blog, what to blog ... Hmm. Let's see. The book is proceeding on pace. I increased my daily wordage so that it can be finished by the middle of October. That's taking up most of my time. It's amazing the pressure that I can put on myself. Who needs imposed deadlines? I drive me crazy quite nicely all on my own.
     What else? I got elected to my local theater board. Should be interesting as a lesson in small town politics. Some of the people on the board take it way too seriously. Too seriously enough that there have been shouting matches and broken friendships. I guess the drama on the stage isn't enough for them. We'll see how it goes. I went into it knowing that my writing is more important and that I can't let it interfere with what I treasure. Don't get me wrong. It's a good, worthy cause, but I will not let consume me as it apparently has some of the members.
     Been reading a writing book Dojo Wisdom for Writers by Jennifer Lawler. She doesn't say anything that I haven't heard before, but she says it well. I need all the creative inspiration I can get lately so I'm enjoying it. It was worth the $13.
     I went to the park today to take more photos. I didn't realize that my memory card only had six shots left. I will have to go back Saturday and take some more. I'm trying to take as many pictures of green foliage as I can before the fall browns everything.
     People keep asking me just who I'm going to vote for this November. Some of them are quite insistent. Let me just settle the issue once and for all. I'm voting for one of them. :)

© 2004. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Having volunteered for a non-profit org in the past, sending you encouragement vibes right now.

Re: voting.
Next time someone ask, tell them you consider it as private as your sex life. If they're willing to share their sex lives (in detail and in front of their family and friends), you "may" consider telling them who'll you vote for. :-)

SBB said...

Re: Joel on voting
FUNNY! :)