Monday, April 08, 2013

G is for gratitude

(This post is part of the 2013 Blogging From A to Z April Challenge. Learn more about the Challenge HERE.)

I try to thankful for my blessings. I try to approach every day with gratitude. Yes, I have health problems. Yes, I have money problems. Yes, I worry about many things. But I have a roof over my head. I have food to eat. I have my family and friends. And I have a computer and an Internet connection. 

My life is better than 90 percent of the world. I tell myself that when the black dog has me by the throat. Not that I take pride in being better off. No, it's a reminder that I mostly suffer from First World Problems. This is not a fix for depression, but it does help me to keep perspective. 

My life isn't perfect. No one's life is. I have many trials and disappointments behind me and many in front of me.  But I'm still here. As long as I'm alive, I have hope. 

And that's something to be grateful for.

No comments: