Friday, August 25, 2006

This and that and a bit of those too

      I'm not at the theater tonight! I'm doing other things. The production runs through Sunday afternoon, and I might try to make that performance, but otherwise I'm done for a while. Well, there are always things to do for the group, but I have other things to concentrate on this weekend.
      Such as? Well, chores for one. My house has got into a fearful state. (Nevada.) There are papers, filing, bills, dishes, clothes, etc., all over the place. It's amazing how cluttered a house can get. I suspect clutter-sprites have built a nest in my house. I'll have to root them out and send them packing.
      And writing. I have several writing projects that are clamoring for my attention, yelling, jumping up and down, throwing scenes at me. I think they're going to burst something if I don't put some time into them soon. And I wouldn't want that. Some of them would bleed terribly.
      And napping. I'm going to get at least two naps over this weekend. Guilt-free, planned naps. I feel giddy about that. Or not.
      Did I mention that I didn't much care for the 200th episode of Stargate: SG1? It was a collection of short jokes and clips. Not what I expected from a landmark event in the series, but it got great ratings and other fans really liked it. This week the SciFi Channel announced the cancellation of SG1. I suppose they did it so that the channel can run more C-grade horror movies and old cancelled series from the 80s. Eventually it will disappear from my viewing habits completely.
      I found a new mystery series that I'm really enjoying. The series is called the Matthew Bartholomew Chronicles and is written by Susanna Gregory. The first book is A Plague on Both Your Houses, and it got me hooked on the series. I've now read three, and they just keep getting better. As soon as I can, I'm going to order more of the series.
      Tomorrow I start on the Special K challenge. You know, eat two bowls of Special K cereal a day instead of breakfast and lunch and lose five to ten pounds. We'll see how it goes. I like Special K so that's a plus, but I bet I'll get really tired of it after two weeks. Maybe not.
      My fish are doing fine to answer the couple of people who asked about them. They're fat and as sassy as fish can be. Which, admittedly, isn't a lot of sass. But compared with other fish, they're da bomb. Tomorrow I intend to give their tank a good cleaning. They always appreciate that. I think.
      Well, I have to be going now and get the weekend started. See you tomorrow. Have a great night and great tomorrow.

3 comments:

CrystalDiggory said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend. Since I started working days, I've been getting up at 5:30 am, which is extremely bizarre behavior for me, but tomorrow, I plan on sleeping in until 7! Whee!

Trixie said...

Here's wishing you a weekend full of serene moments, Tech. This is a glorious Saturday to be alive.

Erudite Redneck said...

Glad yer fish are doin' fine. Well, you, too. :-)

I miss havin' fish. But I don't miss the trouble.