Saturday, August 05, 2006

Swimming Saturday

      Yes, I went swimming again today. I have fallen in love with my friend's pool and hot tub. I should mention that the hot tub just has its jets going and not the heater. The tub is connected to the pool, but raised up so that the water flows over its side to fall into the pool. It's lovely and calming. I floated on my back watching the clouds float by. I'd love to have a pool of my own, but that may be a dream for another life.
      Today I basically babied my back. I did a few household chores, but mostly just napped, watched a little TV, read, played on my computer and ignored my list. It was like a mini-vacation. I think I'm becoming slothful.
      Have I mentioned lately that I love my new computer? It's fast and efficient. It's given me very little trouble. It's almost like I'm not running Windows ...
      One of my hobbies is making mazes. Don't know why I enjoy creating them, but I have a small notebook with a couple hundred of them. I've always wanted to have a backyard large enough to grow a hedge maze, but I've read that they're more trouble than they look. Apparently the bushes don't like growing in that fashion, and there's always gaps. Some gardeners fill the gaps with statues or short sections of a fence. I think hedge mazes would be creepy at night, though. Remember that scene in The Shining where Jack Nicholson chases a little boy through the maze? Nearly gave me heart attack.
      I've been trying to drink some unsweetened carrot juice. I've been putting it in my sugar-free punch to try to hide the taste, but the carrot flavor still comes through. I wonder if carrot cake would be as healthy. Probably not, but I wouldn't gag as much. Why can't food that's good for you taste as good as raspberry cheesecake?
      It's time for bed now. Night! Pleasant dreams.

7 comments:

CrystalDiggory said...

Take it easy today, too! Sounds like this is just what you need.

Rain said...

Raspberry cheesecake...so yummy yet it plants itself right on my tushie.

Good to hear that you found a hot tub, they work wonders!

The Shining is a wonderful movie! Jack Nicholson is one of my favorite actors.

Have a good week!

Linda said...

Google "labyrinths". They might be an alternative to having a hedge maze. They're not the same thing as a maze, since you have a set path to follow. But I like the meditative nature of them and I want to design one if I ever have a place of my own again. :)

Linda

SBB said...

I did take it easy, but I can't do too much of that or I will get so behind I'll never catch up!

SBB said...

FF, I thought the juice might a good alternative to the carrot sticks. No go.

Mazes can be creepy, that's for sure.

No, it's probably best that he and his family remain unaware! :)

SBB said...

Rain, I also like strawberry cheesecake as long as the strawberries are fresh.

I want a hot tub of my own. And someone to maintain it for me. They take some work.

The Shining is one scary movie, even it doesn't make much sense.

Gloria Williams said...

Carrot juice?!!

Oh Tech what has happened to you that you're hitting the vegetables now? :)